SubmissionsBefore you submit your article, please check that the following requirements have been met. Submissions that do not adhere to these requirements may be returned to authors. If you have any questions, please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
Slovo is an interdisciplinary, postgraduate peer-reviewed academic journal, entirely managed and edited by postgraduate students at the University College London's School of Slavonic and East European Studies. It is dedicated to the study of the political, social, economic, and cultural affairs of Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. Outside peer reviewers work in tandem with the Slovo Editorial Board.
The journal is published online on a biannual basis.
Slovo is committed to pursuing equity and inclusivity in all aspects of our work. We believe that good research is diverse, inclusive, and accessible. We stand in solidarity with those experiencing oppression and discrimination and will do everything we can to ensure our work does not reinforce inequality. You can read our full statement on inclusion at Slovo here.
- All contributions, regardless of format, must adhere to the MHRA Style guide. Transliterations from Cyrillic should follow the Library of Congress system.
- Research articles must include a 100-200 word abstract.
- Required lengths:
- Article: 6000-8000 words (including footnotes)
- Review: 600-800 words
- All identifying information about the author should have been removed from the submission to ensure double-blind peer review processes.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently before another journal for consideration. if this is the case, an explanation should be provided for the Editor-in-Chief in the appropriate section or by e-mail. Exceptions are made for the publication of research submitted as part of postgraduate study (e.g. updated versions of subject essays or dissertation sections).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, URLs have been provided for references.
- The text is single-spaced and uses 12-point font size.
- Italics are employed rather than underlining (except for URL addresses).
- Illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at appropriate points, rather than at the end
This journal operates a double blind peer review policy. It is therefore vital that you remove any identifying information from your submission.
Slovo allows the following licences for submission:
- CC BY 4.0
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
All UCL Open Access Student Journals do not charge an Article-Processing Charge (APC) for submission or publication. UCL Open Access Student Journal authors of accepted papers will not be required to make an APC payment for submission or publication before publication of their article.
This journal publishes twice a year in the Spring and Autumn.
|Section||Public Submissions||Peer Reviewed||Indexed|